May 18, 2010

Review: Nothing But Trouble by Rachel Gibson

TROUBLE...
Chelsea Ross's acting career has been a total bust. The closest she ever came to stardom was her brilliant performance as "Pretty Dead Girl #1." But leaving Hollywood to become the personal assistant to a famous hockey player could be her stupidest career move ever.

MORE TROUBLE...
Injured superstar Mark Bressler's glory days are over. The one time bad boy jock could at least be civil to the pint-sized, pink-haired bombshell who the Seattle Chinooks hired to be his P.A. If Chelsea didn't need the money, she'd be skating away from the world's biggest jerk-on-ice as fast as her feet could carry her.

BIG TROUBLE!
Chelsea can deal with Mark's rotten attitude and dark moods. The problem is those biceps and that red-hot hockey-toned bod! And when the bad boy starts to put the moves on her, Chelsea knows it's time she banished him to the penalty box...if only she could resist the kind of trouble he has in mind!


I came across Rachel's book at Wal-mart looking for something new to read and at first was not sure if I should buy it or not, so I waited until I got home and looked at reviews on the book. Sure enough I was convinced and went to Borders and bought it. I am happy that I did because this book was really good. This was my first book by Rachel Gibson and I loved it. I love discovering new authors and adding them to my list.

I loved the relationship Mark and Chelsea had. They both could not stand each other and would go out of their way to annoy one another. Mark being bitter and mean because of his accident and feeling disabled and Chelsea killing him with kindness lol...and her clothes that he hated so much haha. Their relationship went from I CANT STAND YOU to I CANT BE WITHOUT YOU and those are the best type of books to read.

What I liked the most about Rachel's book was that she took her time developing the relationship between Mark and Chelsea. The book did not feel like it was dragging out like some books I've read or rushed. Rachel took her time showing you what Mark liked most about Chelsea and what Chelsea liked most about him and how they were PERFECT for each other. It made their love feel more real to me. I laughed and even got teary eyed at the end. I recommend this book... Now I think I will go look into the other books because from what I hear this book is a part of a series of a bunch of hot Hockey men! lol 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! We love reading your comments and we try to reply back to each comment. So make sure to check back with us.